This is a conversation between Jay Townley and Russell Wright of Theme Zoom revealing some of the most important connections between market research, keyword research and "Big Research". If you think your business is too small to benefit from survey research methods, think again.
Topics we cover in Part 1:
- We now live in the algorithm driven age, where "cross selling" and "up-selling" customers has a high value. See Netflix Prize to find out how much companies are willing to pay statisticians for "cracking the code" to the cross sell.
- How does the lifetime value of the customer tell you exactly how much you can afford to pay to "purchase" a customer. - Why do so many people forget about their own customers and opt for the more expensive marketing route: acquiring more new customers.
- What should you expect in the future when it comes to "DATA"? It seems that data is becoming easier to come by- but how do you make sense of it all?
- How can you use surveying and paneling to refine your product decisions and upgrades with a higher degree of certainty, even if you are not a major corporation?
- Is there such thing as a "magic 8 ball" when it comes to market research?
All of this and more in Market Research: Here's How the Big Boys Do It (Part 1)